By Brian Weinstein
""The Holy One, blessed be He, says: If a guy occupies himself with the examine of the Torah and with works of charity and prays with the congregation, I account it to him as though he had redeemed Me and My little ones from one of the countries of the world.""
(Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot, 8a)"
Read Online or Download 54 Torah Talks:From Layperson to Layperson PDF
Similar judaism books
Inside of this quantity, Reb Kalonymus teaches the paintings of self-observation with an emphasis on organizing and working a non secular neighborhood. The reader is exhorted to take into account of God always, with particular suggestion given for reinforcing the adventure of prayer. via addressing adults who're now not withdrawn from worldly targets, Reb Kalonymus has supplied a undying consultant to Jewish spirituality that might be a useful source for trendy seekers.
Ils étaient 500 en 1789, forty 000 en 1891, d'origine française ou étrangère, à vivre à Paris l. a. vie de tous les Parisiens : intellectuels, petits commerçants, officiers ou riches mécènes, les uns en voie d'intégration, les autres totalement assimilés. Lorsque l'antisémitisme renaissant les rattrape au second de l'affaire Dreyfus, ils en seront étonnés et meurtris, mais leur indéfectible attachement à l. a. patrie des Droits de l'homme s'en trouvera à peine écorné.
During this leading edge guidebook Julie Baretz takes readers to twenty-one off-the-beaten-path destinations in Israel the place Bible tales are stated to have occurred. At every one web site she units the scene through bearing on the old context of the development, then follows with the biblical textual content itself and her personal energetic statement.
Greater than part the world's inhabitants knows the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt after they have been liberated from slavery. non secular teams and routine of liberation, from the Puritans to Mormons to the yank Civil Rights circulate, have used it as a template and an suggestion of their personal struggles for freedom.
- The Formation of the Pentateuch: Bridging the Academic Cultures of Europe, Israel, and North America (Forschungen zum Alten Testament)
- Luke the Historian of Israel’s Legacy, Theologian of Israel’s ‘Christ’: A New Reading of the ‘Gospel Acts’ of Luke (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Modern Orthodox Judaism: A Documentary History (JPS Anthologies of Jewish Thought)
- The Genius
- Languages of Community: The Jewish Experience in the Czech Lands
- A Place of Our Own: The Rise of Reform Jewish Camping (Judaic Studies Series)
Extra info for 54 Torah Talks:From Layperson to Layperson
54 Torah Talks:From Layperson to Layperson by Brian Weinstein